Career Pathways Guelph-Wellington
Career Pathways is an interactive career fair that is offered to all grade 8 students in Guelph to showcase potential future career paths. Local businesses showcase a broad range of career opportunities such as: construction, manufacturing, health, environment, information technology and others. This event is hosted in partnership with local employers and educators.
Career Pathways is a half day career event which features a motivational speaker, interactive career games and career exhibits. Grade 8 students see and discover a variety of careers and will gain an increased awareness of the skills, education and attitude required in different occupations.
This year's 2018-2019 event will be held at the Hanlon Convention Centre, Guelph on Thursday, October 18th, 2018.
why be an exhibitor and sponsor
- Inspire the future workforce!
- Invest in youth (and future workforce) of our region
- Showcase your sector and local opportunities for fulfilling careers
- Help youth understand the required skills and education needed for different careers
- Showcase new technology and related jobs!
- Face to face with potential volunteers, placements, or future employees!
- Provide your staff or volunteers with an opportunity to educate and engage our youth
- Network with other exhibitors representing education, business and community organizations
Information for schools
Registration for grade 8 classes is now open.
Wondering why you should bring your students to Career Pathways Guelph-Wellington?
- Explore many of the great careers available in Guelph/Wellington.
- Meet contacts with volunteer opportunities.
- Gain insights on the many options available locally for training and other educational programs.
- Learn about programs offered at local high schools that can add value to their education.
- Learn about the value of exploring diverse opportunities for experiential learning such as tech courses, SHSM, OYAP, dual-credit, co-op and more.
- Learn about locla workforce trends and growing career sectors.